The Perfect Window of Opportunity!
If your windows or doors are due for a change, NOW’S THE TIME to replace them. The Canada Greener Homes Grant is there to cover up to $5,000 of your home improvement costs, and we’re there to help you get the most of it. Apart from finally geting it done, you’ll also:
- Save more energy and money
- Increase your home’s resale value
- Reduce your home’s carbon footprint
What is the Greener Homes Grant?
The Canada Greener Homes Grant is a federal government program aimed at raising the energy efficiency of residential buildings, reducing greenhouse emissions, and stimulating the growth of a greener economy. The program will provide up to 700,000 grants to support retrofitting existing homes to greener technology.
What’s Covered under the Grant?
The Greener Homes Grant is designed to reimburse up to $5000 in retrofits such as windows and doors, home insulation, heating equipment, and renewable energy, aimed at making primary residences more energy-efficient. Other upgrades like resiliency measures, air sealing, and programmable thermostats will also be covered to a lesser extent.
The grant is conditional on performing EnerGuide energy audits, and will also cover an extra $600 for this assessment.
Maximize Your Return on Investment in New Windows
Our ENERGY STAR® 2021 Most Efficient certified RevoCell® windows qualify for the maximum amount redeemable under the Canada Greener Homes Grant program, so you can get more of your hard-earned money back. They also save you more money on your energy bills!
Start saving energy - and money - today!
Let us help your upgrade your home and save money. Schedule your FREE consultation today.
Need more info on the Greener Homes Grant? Check out some frequently asked questions:
- How much can a homeowner get for retrofits?
Up to $5,000 is available as grant money for all retrofits.
- Is the energy audit included in the $5,000 grant amount?
No. An additional $600 can be covered through the Greener Homes Grant for the energy evaluation alone. That additional $600 doesn’t count towards your $5,000 grant.
- How much money can you get back in grants for changing windows and doors?
- $250 per rough opening for each ENERGY STAR 2021 Most Efficient rated windows
- $125 per rough opening for ENERGY STAR High Efficiency rated windows
- $125 for ENERGY STAR rated doors (including hinged and sliding doors, with transoms and sidelights)
- For a total of up to $5,000
- How do I break down the grant amount I can expect to receive?
Windows and door grants are calculated on a rough opening basis. That means that multi-panel/composite windows, or doors with sidelites and transoms, are treated as a single unit per rough opening. For example, your bay window may consist of three or more separate frames, but it is still counted as filling a single rough opening.
- Are window and door repairs or alterations covered?
No. Glass-only or sash replacement for windows, or door slab or insert replacement for doors, without a frame replacement, are ineligible for the grant.
- How do I know which products are covered under the grant?
All products must be purchased and made in Canada. Our products are 100% locally manufactured.
All eligible manufacturers and their products must be registered on the NRCan database and ENERGY STAR rated. All of our windows are registered under manufacturer Nordik Windows.
All Energy Star labels must be kept on the windows and doors until after the final energy audit. Should any labels be misplaced after installation, please contact us for new labels.
- I replaced my windows in 2019. Can I still apply for the grant?
Unfortunately, retrofits done before December 2020 are not covered by the Greener Homes Grant.
- I replaced my windows after December 1st, 2020, but I did not do an energy audit. Can I apply for the grant?
Energy audits, before and after the retrofits, are required for grant eligibility. If your retrofit has begun but wasn’t pre-evaluated, your renovation isn’t eligible for this grant.
Pre-evaluations must be conducted after April 1st, 2020 to be admissible under the program.
- Can I request grant money for new windows and doors if the initial evaluation does not explicitly recommend them?
At least one of the performed retrofits must be recommended by the energy advisor in their report to be eligible. Meaning, if the evaluator doesn't state that a specific retrofit is recommended, you may not receive money under the grant. In these cases, homeowners should contact NRCan and a decision will be made on a case-by-case basis:
- By phone at 1-833-674-8282
- By e-mail at email@example.com
- What paperwork do I need to keep?
All receipts and documents must be kept from pre- and post-retrofit evaluations, as well as invoices for product and installation for all retrofit work done.
- Is it even worth getting my windows or doors replaced?
Windows and doors qualify for the largest amount of grant funding. However, they can also be among the more expensive home upgrades. If your windows are leaky, replacing them will be a worthwhile investment, and the grant will cover a significant portion of this expense.
- How do I find an energy evaluation company?
Most people will need to register through the government and they will be provided with a list of approved evaluators. However, we are working directly with select NRCan approved evaluators across Ontario (like Energuy), to avoid lengthy delays and get you set up with an appointment in as little as 48 hours. You can also go with an evaluator you prefer as long as they are approved by and registered with NRCan.
Please note, we are not financially associated with Energuy, nor do we benefit financially from this relationship. Customers are not obligated to use Energuy Canada’s services to do an energy audit and we make no representations or warranties with respect to Energuy Canada’s services and your eligibility for the above-mentioned grants.